Being healthy and fit shouldn’t be a trend; it should be a lifestyle. Poor health can negatively impact every part of your life, while a healthy lifestyle makes you happy and successful. However, maintaining a healthy life is difficult due to changing lifestyles and expenses. Keep reading to learn the best healthy habits and tips to boost your health and overall elevate your lifestyle.
When an infected person touches a surface, they leave germs that spread to healthy people after contact with their hands. Dirty hands can transmit germs to the eyes, nose, or mouth. Germs can also spread through uncooked foods such as salads, especially if you prepare them with dirty hands or fail to wash them properly. It’s advisable to wash your hands after changing baby diapers. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, hands spread 80% of common infections.
Notably, washing hands with soap and water is the best way to prevent illness. Wet your hands, apply soap, and scrub your wrists, fingers, and the back of your hands. Rinse your hands under running water and dry them using a clean towel. Handwashing is also vital during the cold and flu season.
Cycling is a form of physical activity that helps people stay fit and healthy. There are many health risks associated with an inactive lifestyle. As one of the low-impact exercises, cycling can be done by young children as well as older adults. Riding to work or school is a time-efficient way to enjoy your daily routine and exercise.
Cycling causes fewer injuries and strains than other forms of exercise. It increases stamina and aerobic fitness and doesn’t require high levels of physical skills. Most cyclists bicycle at approximately 12 to 16 mph.
Other benefits of cycling are:
- Weight control- cycling raises your metabolic rate and burns body fat. Regular cycling can burn 300 calories per hour.
- Prevents cardiovascular diseases- regular cycling improves heart muscles and air circulation, reducing the risk of heart attack, stroke, and high blood pressure. Cyclists are less likely to be exposed to pollution than other commuters, so their lungs work better.
- It prevents cancer and diabetes- regular exercise helps prevent breast and colon cancer. An inactive lifestyle can lead to type 2 diabetes.
- Regular cycling improves mental health and reduces anxiety, stress, and depression.
Safe Food Packaging
Food packing is usually common for school-going children and working adults. Carrying food from home can save you money and enable you to eat healthily. But, it is best to observe hygiene when preparing and packing food to enjoy a healthy lifestyle. Contaminated food can cause diarrhea and other illnesses. Follow these tips when packing food for work or school:
- Observe cleanliness- wash your hands before preparing and storing food to prevent bacteria from spreading. Clean cutting boards, countertops, and dishes with water and soap and dry them with a clean towel.
- Keep food safe-always pack perishable food in frozen juice cartons or freezer gel packs. You can keep food cool by using insulated, metal, or plastic lunch boxes. Oily and fatty foods go rancid if they aren’t stored properly.
- Pack enough- pack the right amount of food for each meal. This will prevent the inconvenience of preserving and carrying leftovers home. Prepare food at night and preserve it in a refrigerator and pack it in the morning to keep it cold longer.
- Use smaller containers to preserve hot food and large containers to store cold items. In addition, label the storage containers with the right date you packed the food.
Do you want to live a disease-free lifestyle? Your lifestyle can build your health. It’s vital to prepare and pack food safely, be physically active by riding a few hours per week and keep germs away by washing your hands regularly. More importantly, follow the above tips to help you practice a healthy lifestyle.